squam art workshops: a little cabin in the woods pt.1


It's my first day back in Brooklyn after spending a week on Squam Lake, NH teaching at Squam Art Workshops.  I am missing the woods and our tiny cabin. It was a dream for me. Dressing by the fire, smores at night, teaching embroidery workshops during the day and exploring the woods.

We even had our own tiny dock, where we'd sit and drink root beers and dip our toes in the water. Even though it rained a bit, it just made the stay more cozy, the moss greener and the skyline a perfect foggy scene.


I taught two classes, one was the project below from Stitched Gifts. In the other, we embellished t-shirts, which are very tricky to stitch on, so I shared a bunch of tips & trick for transferring onto and stabilizing t-shirt material. I loved meeting all these lovely ladies and spending a day digging into a good project with them. So grateful to them for spending the day with me, when there were some amazing class available!



I loved the t-shirt class! Everyone did their own thing and surprised me with what they made. We looked through lots of books for inspiration and patterns and students used Sublime Stitching transfers,  my stash of Japanese embroidery books and stencils from Stencil1

So many big thanks to Elizabeth, everyone who I met at SAW and especially everyone who took a class with me, THANK YOU for an amazing trip!



4 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for teaching our class! It was such a fun day, full of communal stitching and conversation. It was really lovely to meet you and you helped me solve so many of the issues I've had in the past with my embroidery. Plus... my daughter loves her "A"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Class was really wonderful. Julia and I learned so much. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Class was really wonderful. Julia and I learned so much. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it's Kristy. We embroidered together at renegade yesterday. I SO WANTED to go to the ravelry party up at squam (because registration was closed for squam) and I ended up with a conflict, but anyway....it looks like our paths may cross again sometime in the crafty future....I love how my little project turned out...I blogged about it.

    glassposse dot com check it out on the 25th.
    : )

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...