Embroidery 101 with Design*Sponge

I'm so honored and proud to be a guest contributor to Design*Sponge for an Embroidery 101 series of how-to and projects. For the first post, which went up yesterday, I used the running stitch to create an Ombre Summer Scarf. It's a super easy stitch that's incredibly useful and beautiful. The scarf itself (and I know I'm totally biased, but it's true) is lovely and warm and my new favorite. I love the subtle gradation of colors and how the two sides contrast and compliment the ombre effect. Go check it out!


2 comments:

  1. Your new series on Design*Sponge is exactly what I needed. I've been wanting to learn how to embroider for ages. The first lesson looks fantastic - can't wait to start. Thank you!

    P.S. Love your embroidered Easter eggs. So sweet. I've pinned that project to save for later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! What a beautiful project :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...