Creative Experiments with Sun Printing

“I thought the most beautiful thing in the world must be shadow.”
Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

Here are some magical experiments with sun printing on fabric I made a while ago when I had the luxury of space and bright, sunny days in California. Making sun prints is really easy and fun. Basically, you place objects on light sensitive material, expose it to the sun, and then dip it into photographic chemicals or, in this case, water. You get these crisp, graphic, silhouettes....



Sunography offers some very cool paper and fabric kits (with 6 different colored fabrics included) if you want to try this too! Let me know if you give this a try.

p.s that's Tatianna & Dexter, two of my mom's chihuahuas, helping me out. Stupid cute, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...