typewriter love...

Do you think this 15 lb. Remington #typewriter counts as a carry on?

I have such fondness for these clunky machines, and have been slowly collecting them. When I do my letter service I'm amazed by how new and novel a typewriter can be. Some, mostly children,  have never seen one before in real life. The appeal to me is definite sound & mark. There's no delete, so you have to really think about your text.

This video is all about the typewriter renaissance and features Brady & Kowalski, a great local (if you're in NY) source for beautiful vintage machines. Etsy always has great vintage finds too.




AND... how great is this how to paper typewriter project from Jacqueline Wagner!? It's sooo good! found via pinterest...





I found this type-a-tune at Brimfield... 

AND AND... this may be one of my all time faves ever ever, Bug hammin it up hard in a typewriter box. Can you believe that this was found in the trash and has a typewritten message taped to it "Good things come in small packages."? Perfect.
big yawn...

Hope these typewriters inspire you today!!

1 comment:

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...