a place something like this...

I've been embroidering a lot lately.  Sitting for hours working on one piece sounds romantic, but it's hard to completely fall into it.  I wish my surroundings matched the mood I feel while stitching - contemplative, a little nostalgic, longing for a slower world.  Ever since I saw Bright Star I'll think about the embroidery scenes, really every scene, and wish for a place something like this....

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4923326330_821befd22d.jpg

via canweleavenow
Bright Star movie image Abbie Cornish, Ben Whishaw (2).jpg
via collider
via collider
Bright Star movie image Abbie Cornish.jpg
via collider

bright star
via hila-lumiere

You should definitely check out the movie if you haven't yet – It's beautiful.
There's more bright star inspiration here...

4 comments:

  1. I love Bright Star too...I feel like I don't know the words to describe it. That sounds kind of silly, but that's how it makes me feel. I need to rewatch it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jessica- i know exactly what you mean! I feel it too. I think for me its just wanting a space of my own, I need more nature and less internet!

    @Katherine - is that you KZ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that movie and the whole butterfly hatching scene was amazing. In fact, it inspired me so much that I've been stalking the milkweed along the roadside looking for monarch caterpillars. My great grandmother's old canning jars are waiting for the butterflips!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...