Saved From the Fire // Cici's Necklace


Cici's Necklace, originally uploaded by miniature.rhino.
I treasure objects with stories.... Etsy has a new feature about this called, Saved From the Fire, and today they featured my story about my mom's necklace and even used it as the lead image. Really proud that I get to share this story...

My mother made this necklace when she was in high school and she gave it to me when I was in elementary school. I'd keep it in my pocket wrapped around my hand and hold it. I wear it sometimes now and think of my mom walking to school with my aunts along broken side walks, riding her bike with friends to the Santa Monica Pier, or skate boarding while strumming her ukulele down my grandparent's street. It's a connection to my mom and a place I think of as home.

check out the full story here featuring Melissa Dixon (remember taxidermy!) and Joanne of Shaving Kit Supplies (awesome old stuff and funny lady).

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...