last week...

...i thought it would be nice to occasionally sum up some of my weekly finds and inspirations...

+ a well articulated post by the small object about a crafter's role in a culture of consumerism and how personal the connection is between seller and buyer can be:
"When you buy handmade directly from an individual, you are investing in me. And not just in me, but in my products, in my ideas and in my own well-being. When you buy something from me, you just gave me a double high five. We just connected and shook hands like mad. Seriously, its the most wonderful feeling to go buy groceries and know that I am buying groceries this week thanks to the support of Anna, Todd, Margaret and a boutique store in Australia. They made it possible. It is truly the most beautiful experience."
+ i love the style of this new to me blog, reference library. it's like a museum, with interesting ebay finds/misses and vintagey goodness, like that wedding day textile image up there.

+ visited the show, don't perish, at leo koenig inc. projekte. it's amazing conceptually, because it's not just a gallery show, but a food bank and gathering space for bi-weekly potluck dinners. the gallery space is lined with shelves for donated food and built in fold down tables for dinning in the gallery space. i want to go to a dinner night, tuesdays and saturdays, but you got to bring a dish to share. if you are in ny you have to go support this show and bring a canned food donation! go, go, go! i need to do a post just about the show...
from the opening of dont' perish at leo koenig inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...