out and about...

... my embroidery work in the home of Amy, of the etsy shops Project 8256 and ameliamae. Amy and i worked together on a custom order for her friends and through the process I learned about Amy's work and made a new friend. I love seeing where the things I make end up and this scene is so nice- the light, the wooden drawer repurposed as shelf (great idea!) and the family photo.


Amy's shop project8256 has a very inspiring goal. She is helping her sister and brother-in-law adopt 2! children from Ethiopia. All profits made from her shop go towards this cause and to AHOPE, which is an orphanage in Ethiopia caring for HIV positive children. Her story was featured in the Storque, the etsy blog, and you can read it here.
via project8256 - "Happy Birthday Rhinoceros" How could i resist posting this one...

As an update Amy told me that her sister is officially on the waiting list! Since she is not particular about the children's ages or sex, this helped them speed up the process. How generous and caring. I wish them the best of luck! Keep me updated too Amy! I'd love to hear how things are going...

You can also check out Amy's sisters shop, The Gathered Nest, where again, all profits go towards the adoption of two children.

p.s. i did a post on the NewNew Blog an interview Jen Pepper of PepperSprouts....

1 comment:

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...