Month of Mail: day 2

or I spent the morning weaving paper...
day 2
Making my tea this morning the idea hit me- weaved paper. While I have work to be done, it's no use when I get and idea in my head, and so there I was cutting and weaving this brittle, vintage paper into an envelope.

This paper is from an agricultural periodical. I have a giant box of them in various topics- Quail breeding, Judging Sheep, Cutting the Farm Woods, Duck Raising, and the like. These were all given to me by a friendly stranger. She said to make her something and send it to her, so I did...this envelope! Although it's been at least a year, maybe two since I was given a box of these wonderful papers. See how bad I am about my mail? That's why I'm so glad to be doing this project. I'm finally sending this kind person the thank you note she deserves. I just hope it gets to her safely!

As for the weaved paper, I'll be making a how-to post on how to make your own soon. I just wanted to post this today!

Big shout outs LeahPenny and my friend Margaret who will be joining along in this month of mail! You can join in too, no pressure. Do a week of mail, or just write one! But definitely share it with me- tag it #monthofmail and send me a link! It would make me so happy...

day 2

day 2

day 2

2 comments:

  1. I used to weave paper basket together all the time as a kid. I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool! I hope it makes it through the mail ok. I'll definitely be trying this when you post the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...