backyard discoveries....

Can you spot the grasshopper?Can you spot something hidden up there? It's little and green, maybe a little grasshopper? If you follow me on instagram you may have noticed a this little guy before. I've been checking on him daily nibbling on various plants in my mom's garden. Maybe I need a little cricket cage to take him home with me?

I've been enjoying having a big garden space to poke around in and conduct my backyard experiments. It's healing to touch the earth and such a creative release to search out and discover these little curiosities....

grass hopper
mushrooms
Giant Hornworm

collecting specimens...
poking around
This owl pellet has been my favorite backyard excavation. I've been picking out the tiniest bones that I'll clean and save in little glass vials. There are a few jaws, teeny teeth, even a little skull. I'll share all the bones when they're clean...

2 comments:

  1. I love the owl pellet thing! That's so cool you're getting bones from it! Please do share :)

    xoxo Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...