it pleases me so...


look what i received in the mail today, a handmade pillow with a crocheted butterfly all made by my grandmother. opening the package i felt overwhelmed by how special this object is. there was also another butter-creme doily. love.

i grew up surrounded by women makers. my grandmother and my aunts all craft. they dressed me in knit sweaters, puffy painted t-shirts, homemade clothes & halloween costumes, and jean jackets straight outta the 80s. when we got together we'd make things, sit together and talk. i appreciate this so much now that i'm older and have moved away from home.  i feel so luck to have had that kind of education.

craft to me sharing history, passing on ideas and techniques, and creating community....
miss my family and making together....

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! There's nothing like something made by grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so darling ...
    My mum never knew how to sew ... I had to learn by myself :) then teach her !
    x x x
    ___m___

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...