people are nice....

...these are packages of my Letter Service. the one on the bottom is on its way to Australia! i like you Australia, you are good to me.
i would never share what people write in their letters, its a secret, but i can share that again and again i am touched by their sweetness and warm words. typing up the lasted bunch of letters i had this thought, "people are nice." the letters are filled with love and kindness and i'm honored that I get to help create these tokens of affection. the mad positive feedback i've been receiving is a great motivation too.
but i've got to change things up a bit. using the vintage paper is going to push me over the edge. its too inconsistant. sometimes it rips when i type or won't roll, or the typewriter will type holes into the thin paper. i love the color and patina of a naturally aged piece of vintage book paper. its really got to be one of my favorite things, but after typing three letters twice last night I decided I must save my sanity and start using nice vintage-y looking paper. yellowed, maybe tea-stained paper. i hope people will understand.

(i like the work of cori kindred, check out her site and shop too!)

what do you think about the paper? i worry that the it's too late to change, but the more i make the letters the more i learn that things need to evolve to grow with your needs. i just hope that i carry over the original idea with a different paper....
such stress over a little thing, but thats how i do....

2 comments:

  1. I think that vintage- looking paper is just as great, especially since you put so much time and effort into the pieces already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kate! makes sense... hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! it's nice...